Wednesday, June 08, 2005

post T.O.F.U

i am listening to you play
it's all i can do not to run up and kiss you
i'm easy that way
it's something you better get used to
so put down your guitar
come over here
play the songs that you love on my arm
and move up, move down...
my skin will sound as sweet as your melody and your poetry
so come over here and play me

i know it's no easy to give it all up for a room full of strangers nightly
waiting for one of them to be kind
and say 'i know what you mean'
but i know what you mean, so play me

i am listening to you play
i am word washed and warm
in all that you say
in every last little sentence you form
i am watching your fingertips touch the strings
i am watching your lips as you sing
the beautiful shapes that your mouth makes
i could move into them
i could move like you move me
and you move me like a waterfall
i fall into yours every time
so come over here and fall into mine

i know it's not easy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home