Friday, November 11, 2005

tour, day 2

waiting in merritt, at the tim horton's now
waiting for the smoke from my van to die down
waiting for the girls to come get me
and for the reality of this breakdown to hit me

i cross the street to the gas station, ford fiests pulls up, parks, driver gets out, asks the attendant for directions and they are given - full of landmarks. left at the, right at the, drive past - and i'm imagining the stories in the answer to the question asked

like the weeping willow on the main street
of this small town
must be as firmly planted
as you are
in my ground

so much that i could give directions by you
and those directions by you would start with how i love you
and continue with "i think he loves me too"
followed by an escape route
not that i would ever leave, it's just hard to receive
and sometimes it's good to know if you have to, how to go

though the weeping willow
on the main street
of this small town
is as firmly planted
as you are
in my ground

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful, sweet
i rest assured knowing you will have dozens of tales to share with me when home you arrive..... missing you...it's true.

it's as though it's tea time and we're both late!

la la la
jess

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home