Sunday, December 04, 2005

your footsteps from subwaystation

i love typos, and when language is new.

...so says an ad for a flat to sublet in paris. i often spend time clicking through craigslist, only listings with photos, to imagine myself in these foreign places, and among the varied decor. and yesterday, driving down knight street a for rent sign almost had me stop and turn around. why? i don't need to move. i just moved in may and i like my apartment. but i'm so attracted to newness and change, and always feel like there's somethig better, happier. also, i find it hard to hold things, needing to keep leaving before i can ever get left, and when my skin feels like it's not fitting, my foolish inclination is to change my environment, before looking at tailoring myself. is that part of my apartment hunting hobby? escape? perhaps there's nothing behind it at all, merely an interest in interior design and a slight voyeuristic bent, but my hangover this morning reminds me that there are a lot of demons pushing to get out of my head, and they need a place to live.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your writing is beautiful Christa. I just left BC not long ago and back to dirty T. for now. are you coming to toronto anytime on tour? wold love to experience your music. let me know. and if you get a chance, check my BLOG http://zenpolliticks.blogspot.com/site.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home